Huey P.’s Pizzeria: Built in 1895, this historic structure first opened as Gretna Pharmacy in downtown Gretna. “Gretna Cut Rate Drug Store, corner of Second Street at Huey P. Long Avenue, shows Theodore Drinkhaus leaning on post, ca. 1900. The building was later occupied for many years by the Gretna Pharmacy of N.C. Richard and Ernest Vicknair.”
Huey P’s Pizzeria added a second dining room with two flat screen tvs where a Cigar Shoppe was once located and a patio.